Monday, January 26, 2009

I didn't understand what he was Signing to me!

It seems like I can take two huges leaps forward and then (one) knock backwards. I went to put my child on the bus this morning and one of his friends on the bus was asking me a questions about something and I could not understand what he was saying and I didn't have time to ask him to fingerspell it or to go slower because the bus driver was ready to pull off. I saw the look on his face and that broke me down this morning. the look said 'I thought you understood sign". Or not you too. Frustration and sad eyes.... Yes I pulled all that out of his facial expression. I felt sad but trust that I am determine to do better learn more and become fluent. No perfect just not afraid to stand there and understand what is being said before I walk away. Remember our Mantra "Signing is a Sign of Love".

No comments:

Post a Comment