Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Communication Device

I remember what and where I was on the day that I left my phone home by mistake. I put my bluetooth in place got into the car and drove to the grocery store. When I got inside of the store I started shopping and thought I would call my sister so we could talk while I had some "Free Time". Reached for my phone and realized after a quick search OMG! no phone. This was serious. How many of you know that I considered leaving my lettuce in the cart and taking a quick ride back home in order to retrieve my phone. I thought about it and although I felt a little weird like I had forgot to wear the same color shoes or something like people were looking at me saying hey she doesn't have her phone. But in reality I got over that moment and went on with my shopping trip. Although I missed the conversation that I would have enjoyed with my sister, I made it. Grocery shopping got done. The reason I am mentioning this is that I reacted very strongly to not having a way to communicate with my sister. Now my 3 1/2 year old son uses a communication device in school to help with his lesson and such. However he has not had his device for almost 4 months, can you imagine not having your phone for 4months. He deserves his device now and in working condition. This is very frustrating and I wonder if he were in a different program or County would this be allowed to go on so long. What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment